Sunday 27 December 2015

Story People

The other day I came across something I wrote back in September, after first starting at Leeds...

And so my new world has begun and it consists of promo flyers, re-used socks and losing my keys. Despite what some may tell you, freshers is not the life. Ive never felt so un-fresh and dazed and grim. My whole body is full of alcohol and toast. 

And I decide that after the 1st term I am still filled with cheap vodka and burnt bread but now I have learnt that a little squash and pesto make it far better. (at the start of this term I had decided I would give it a term and then catch the first flight to India, however in my bemused and muddled state I asked for a stethoscope for Christmas and even joined the panto)


I found a lovely project by the artist Brian Andreas who created 'Story People'. The world he created along with other artists is all about possibility and imagination and healing- and it reminds me of a child's view on the world because they look up more at the sky or the ceiling. Here are a few of my favourite stories from the project:

We’re already in the new age, she said to me. What does that mean? I said & she laughed. It means you can stop waiting & start living, she said, but after she left I waited a little while more just to be safe

She went everywhere with a basket filled daily with a fresh blueberry muffin. It’s either that or cigarettes, she said. I am only strong enough for a life of partial virtue.

This looks like swing dancing but really it’s just moving around the floor trying not to bump into anybody else

Calling on the flying things of the universe & hoping not too many of them are pigeons

Thinking with her body, so there's lots of spontaneous dancing involved

No comments:

Post a Comment